Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Why am I NOT allowed to buy a Eurail [Eurorail] ticket - surely that's unfair competition!?

I have followed through all the details of my journey - chosen the type of pass, how many countries, etc. I chose to buy a France-Italy Pass. The Eurail tickets aren't valid in Britain, I noticed, but you can use Eurostar - at least for the French part of the journey.



Then I see that people who live in European countries CAN'T buy this ticket. I didn't expect to use it in my own country - but surely this is UNFAIR trading.



Who decides these things? What's the reasoning?



Who can tell me?



(Yes, I know you can buy single country InterRail tickets)Why am I NOT allowed to buy a Eurail [Eurorail] ticket - surely that's unfair competition!?
It's a form of discrimination, practiced by Government organisations (including Geovernment run railways) all over the world ..



Restricting access to 'bargains' is typically justified on the grounds that it either encourages tourism or benefits those paying Taxes...

No comments:

Post a Comment