Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Need help...what's the cheapest and best way to travel from Bern to Amsterdam?

I am trying to travel from Bern to Amsterdam on April 23, 2008... does anyone have any suggestions on if this is possible?

I am trying to learn the eurorail system before I go, but so far it has been very complex.



Thank You!Need help...what's the cheapest and best way to travel from Bern to Amsterdam?
By train. It takes 8 h 21 minutes.



Check out the following website:



http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en?
I almost ignored this question thinking it was 1 year old (you stated April 23, 2008 haha)



Anyway I checked at CFF and EasyJet... I would take a train to Basel and get to the airport (I once took the shuttle from the train to the airport about 1 year ago, the cost was about 8 CHF I think) and take a plane from there.



I checked easyjet right now and the airplane ticket's base price is 54 CHF for that date... The train ticket from Berne to Basel is 37 (full price... but it might be cheaper if you have 1/2 tarif). So you'd be talking about around 110 CHF. I don't think you'll get a cheper price by going all the way in train but you should check your particular need in www.cff.ch



Best of luck.Need help...what's the cheapest and best way to travel from Bern to Amsterdam?
You can travel there by train as the person before me said, but you should also check out how much it would be to fly there since it will take less time. Look at prices for Swiss Air and/or KLM.
Cheapest? Walking.

Best? Air.

No comments:

Post a Comment