Tuesday, March 6, 2012

If I only have 1 day in Switzerland, which city or place should I visit?

I'm taking the EuroRail from Rome to Paris and only want to stop by Switzerland for 1 day......is there a place or city that I Have to see?

Thanks in advance.If I only have 1 day in Switzerland, which city or place should I visit?
First of all, since you have only one day, stop where the train stop.

Rome to Paris, the train WILL NOT go to Zurich, Lucerne nor Basel, but will stop in Montreux, Vevey, Lausanne and Geneva.

Check the schedule, because you may have to stay overnight in one of the city in order to catch the train the following day.
I take it you're travelling by train from Rome to Paris (there's no such thing as EuroRail, that's just your train ticket), do you know what route the train will be taking? Where you stop for a day depends very much on the train route.



On the main lines you might have a choice of Lugano, Luzern, or Geneva, and all these are worth a visit.If I only have 1 day in Switzerland, which city or place should I visit?
zurich is, in my opinion, the nicest part of switzerland. you can take a train or drive from zurich to st. gallen (another really fun city) or if you like the country side go to appenzell. if you end up visiting zurich, go to the bahnhofstrasse. it's a really cool place to shop with a lot of nice stores including some high end stores, and lower end ones like h%26amp;m. there is also a very cool toy store that is owned by FAO schwartz. i hope this helps!
I'd go to Lucerne. It's a typical Swiss city at a lake and it is the only City next to some beautiful mountains.



http://www.luzern.org/en/welcome.cfm?
You can visit Geneva (there is a TGV train from Paris Gare de Lyon to Geneva direct) and you can see the beautiful Lac Leman (Lake), good shopping, United Nations and other organizations etc...
You can either go to Interlaken or Luncern
Spend a day shopping in Luzern or Zurich

No comments:

Post a Comment