Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Backpacking and staying at Hostels in Europe?

Is there a hostel company in Europe where I can pay a membership fee and stay at different hostels in Europe for free or for a lesser price. I'll be backpacking for about a month and stay at all different places. I was looking to see if there was a pass like the eurorail pass. You can go to all countries in a month for a certain price.



Thanks guys.Backpacking and staying at Hostels in Europe?
The HI hostels offer a membership card. You buy the membership in your home country and get discounts (usually 1-2 EUR per night) for your stays.



http://www.hihostels.com/



But even though I stay at hostels all the time, I never bother with this membership card. I like to stay at independent hostels since they are often cheaper and have a more laid-back feeling to them. And at these hostels the membership card is useless.



Another company that had a similar thing to what you want were the hostels associated with the Plus group and with Busabout. When I was in Italy I had a chance to use the Plus pass. But after a quick calculation I decided against these options too, since this scheme didn't save me any money. They stopped offering plus passes this year.



http://www.plusvillages.com/



So seems to me your best bet is to search online for the cheapest place to stay.



Tip: Depending upon the places you travel to you might want to look into bringing a tent. Camping sites tend to have cheaper rates than hostels and a tent gives you more privacy.Backpacking and staying at Hostels in Europe?
Yeah. It's called the International Youth Hostels. They have a website. If I remember correctly, you buy your card at the first hostel, and you buy a sheet bag, and use it every night.



The International Hostels are the best, they are cheap, clean, and safe. People have to help with housekeeping, and since everyone is pretty much doing the same thing, there's tons of sharing, of time, ideas, often people hook up for a few days as travel buddies, people change plans to hang together for a few days. People give ideas of what to do, where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment