Thursday, February 9, 2012

What is the St. Louis Arch like?

I've passed the St. Louis Arch I don't know how many times on my way to my Granny's house, but I've never actually seen it up close or been inside it. What's it like?What is the St. Louis Arch like?
The Arch is such a fun place to go. There is a big museum located in there about Lewis and Clark and their trip. There is also a lot of Missouri history. You can watch a great movie on how the arch was made, how long it took ect...I will tell you the movie is very good it is not boring! Then when you go up to the top there are these little pod cars that fit like 4-6 people in them. Very cool ride and very loud, people like to freak out in them but they are not bad. Since they cannot go straight up they go up in like a zig zag patteren. Once you are at the top their are windows and you can stay as long as you want. You will get the best views of St. Louis here you can either look at the city or way down the river. I live here and I still go at least once a year. If you ever get the chance go!
going up is a cramped little train thing but once up the top the view is great. Underneath they have some good displays, they are worth a look.What is the St. Louis Arch like?
Well, I would say do it so you can say you have. Yes, the little pods that take you to the top are small, so if you claustrophobic, maybe its not for you. When you get to top, its a long narrow room with windows on either side. You can see out into Illinois and across downtown St. Louis. In the base there is a museum dedicated to westward expansion (what the arch is supposed to symbolize). There is also a little movie theater that shows a film on the building of the arch. Again, I would say do it so you can say you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment